What to take on a Golf Trip – Golf Trip Packing List
Picture this: your flights are booked. Tee times are decided. You’re visiting the perfect golfing destination. But now you’re a few days out and you realize you don’t have a golf trip packing list! Everything else is set for the trip of a lifetime but you still need to figure out exactly what is coming with you. From the essentials like golf clothing, and golf gear, and even down to the smallest items like tees or divot markers, there’s a lot to pack. Not to mention, you can’t forget about everyday basics like socks and phone chargers that are a necessity for any trip. But before you even begin to start packing, you first need to do some preliminary research on your destination. What will the weather be like? Is it going to be hot or cold? What sort of items will you need to be prepared with when you’re on the green? Do you need to pack rain gear or sunscreen? Coats and jackets, or light and breathable shirts? There are so many things to consider! Once you’ve decided exactly what you need, it’s time to start picking out exactly what you need to make it on your golf trip packing list! Don’t fret though, this list covers everything that you might need and then some, and even includes helpful links on where to purchase some of the items that you may not have on hand, or need to stock up on before you jet-set off to play a few rounds on a new course!
Four Golf Clothing Essentials For Performance and Style
- Quick Dry Golf Shirts: First and foremost, you’ll obviously need the essentials! Pants, shirts, jackets, socks, and shoes of course! Pack enough golf shirts, because you will need to wear at least one per day, if not more depending on the weather and if you sweat a lot. Buying a simple pack of golf shirts, like these Quick-Dry Athletic Mens Polo Shirts that can be found on Amazon, can help ensure that you don’t run out in times of need.
- Athletic Golf Socks: Speaking of socks, you might as well grab a pack of Under Armour Adult Performance Tech, No Show Socks from Amazon as well. Bonus tip, toss an extra pair in your golf bag, just in case!
- Golf Pants That Are Stylish and Practical On and Off The Green: You might already have plenty of golf pants, and even a great pair of golf shoes, but these Classic-Fit Stretch Golf Pants that can be ordered from Amazon are a fantastic addition to any golfer’s wardrobe.
- Quality Golf Shoes That Look and Feel Great: Finally, a nice, quality pair of golf shoes is a must. These Adidas Men’s Tech Response Golf Shoes are stylish, comfortable, and could even be worn off the green. In addition, don’t forget you’ll need to pack golf-related gear like rain jackets, hats, gloves, and anything else to be prepped no matter the weather forecast.
It Is Also Important To Properly Pack your Golf Bag With Game Aids For A Better In-Game Experience
Now that you have the essentials covered, it’s time to lay out exactly what your golf bag needs!
Along with your golf clothing essentials, don’t forget to pack the other essentials! Things like sleepwear, a toothbrush, and other personal hygiene items might be easy to forget, but you’ll be happy you remembered them! Also account for clothing you’d like to wear when you’re on the green. After all, a golf trip isn’t a golf trip without a little exploring outside of just golfing! Just remember to be careful, pack lightweight and easy and pack outfits that can be re-wearable because you don’t want to eat up a bunch of weight in your suitcase packing things that might not even be needed during your trip!
Three Golf Bag Essentials
- A Travel Golf Bag: This might seem obvious, but don’t forget to pack your golf bag! To make things easier on yourself, you might want to swap out your standard, heavyweight bag for something like this Founder’s Club, lightweight, travel golf bag. Designed to be carried from the runway to the golf course, this hard-cover, travel golf bag will make traveling with your clubs easy, while also providing unmatched protection,
- Golf Club Regripping Kit: Up next, have you double-checked that you have all your clubs? It is important to make sure they’re up to par. However, if you discover they’re not, try swapping out your grips, or doing routine maintenance. If you don’t have time to take your clubs to a professional before your trip, you can swap your grips yourself with an easy-to-use golf regripping kit like this bestseller from Wedge Guys that can be ordered on Amazon.
- Golf Balls and Tees: Next up, don’t forget to pack your golf balls! Two of the most important parts of golf are the golf balls and tees, of course! If you haven’t already, double-check whether or not you can find reasonably priced balls on the course. If not, you can easily order a fairly priced set on Amazon like these Callaway Warbird golf balls for less than $20. That way, you’ll be sure not to run out right when you need them most! And when it comes to tees, make sure to grab a pack to throw in your bag as well. For less than $10, you can grab a pack of assorted Callaway golf tees here.
Other noteworthy golf-related items you’ll want to be absolutely sure you include are:
- Range finders or GPS. You can find inexpensive options on Amazon with prices as low as $80 like this option from Gogogo.
- Umbrellas. This might be one of those items you could take or leave, but as mentioned, make sure to do research into the weather forecast before you go and if it’s looking like rain, this set of Nautica golf umbrellas will be a great addition to your bag or golf cart!
- Divot tools and markers. These are also one of those tools that can be easily purchased on Amazon! Find a four pack for under $20.
- Towels and water bottles. This is another piece of equipment that you’ll need to double-check before traveling with it. Sometimes, these items are supplied!
OTHER GOLF TRIP PACKING LIST ODDS AND ENDS
When you’re packing, it’s easy to overlook the small, everyday items you take for granted. Things like socks, belts, sunglasses, hats, and rain gear are all important things to consider. Other random necessities include:
- Allergy medicine
- Muscle relief medicine and daily medications
- Plasters/blister solutions
- Lip balm
- Insect Repellent
- Other Toiletries – Plan to take travel sizes where possible and needed
- Electronics Chargers
- Passports or driver’s license
- Your itinerary
While it might seem like there’s a lot that goes into packing for a golf trip, just imagine how much fun you will have exploring a new area, maybe checking a special green off your bucket list, or just going on a casual golf trip to reconnect with friends or relax. Worry not, because now you have a definitive packing list filled with everything you might need, and it’s time to take off!
If you want to learn more about golf gear that can enhance your technique and in game experience, leading up to your next golf trip, take a look at our recommendations for golf practice aids here.